If you have any questions at any point please do send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are cookies?
A ‘cookie’ is a small text file that is downloaded onto whatever web browser you use to access our services. Cookies not only help us to optimise your use of our services and provide you with a personalised service, but they also help us to comply with certain legal and regulatory requirements.
Cookies do not carry viruses and cannot install malware or other malicious software on your device.
Types of cookies we use and why
• to allow you to remain logged in as you browse our website;
• to remember your preferences whilst using the site (such as language);
• to use your William Hill account to bet, place bets or play games on different parts of the website and to populate your bet slip;
• for our own analytical purposes so that we can identify where customers have encountered technical problems on the Website and improve our customers’ experience;
• to collect information about your interaction with our website for marketing purposes;
• targeting and advertising cookies to help us deliver relevant content to you and be able to show you relevant offers;
• for fraud prevention purposes such as detecting duplicate accounts, instances of bonus abuse or linked accounts;
• to obtain information about whatever device you use to access our services (such as device type, geo-location data, browser information and IP address);
• to comply with certain legal and regulatory obligations such as our anti-money laundering requirements, social responsibility to counter the use of our services for the purposes of terrorist financing; and
• to allow us to check what jurisdiction you are betting from (in case we need the information for regulatory reasons).
The cookies we use only provide us data when you are visiting our site.
You can control your cookie preferences but please be mindful that without certain cookies, we might not be able to provide you with the service (for example, we might not be able to comply with our legal obligations) or you might not get the full enjoyment from our site (for example, you might have to log in every time you change page, or your bet slip will not record your selections as you move through different markets).
See http://www.aboutcookies.org.uk/managing-cookies for more information about how to manage preferences.
Where can I get more information